Why Choose NET for Lockout/Tagout Training?
We know you’re busy, and that’s why we’ve designed our Lockout/Tagout Training course to work around your schedule.
- Work from a desktop or laptop or use HAZWOPER On Mobile to take the course on a tablet or smartphone so you can work from any location.
- Log in and out as often as necessary and your work will always be saved where you left off.
- Download your e-certificate as soon as you finish the course and we’ll mail you the wallet card.
- The Lockout/Tagout course counts as continuing education units (CEUs). This course is accepted for .167 Industrial Hygiene CM Points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) and .1 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
- Take advantage of U.S.-based support via phone or email throughout the course.
Lockout/Tagout Training is a 1-hour course involving a video rich with award-winning content and more than 25 interactive animations. Students must complete a series of self-grading quizzes along with a final exam while an OSHA Study Timer tracks your progress and allows you to start and stop as needed.
The course counts as a CEU (Continuing Education Unit) accredited by the ABIH and BCSP. Students have access to the course for 1 year upon completing their registration.
Group discounts are available for parties of 3 or more.
Lockout/Tagout Training is designed to provide basic guidelines for employers to develop a lockout/tagout program for their workplace along with giving an overview of the general industry standard 29 CFR 1910.147.
Course topics include:
- Types of hazardous energy.
- Detecting hazardous conditions.
- Implementation of control measures as related to the control of hazardous energy
- Developing and implementing energy control problems such as written isolation procedures, training of authorized employees, and periodic inspection of energy control procedures.
Upon course completion, students will have the ability to explain the importance of energy control programs, procedures, training, audits and methods of controlling hazardous energy.
This course is eligible for .1 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Physical and On Site Requirements
There are no prerequisites for this course.
Lockout/Tagout Training may be completed online with no physical or on-site requirements.
What standard covers lockout/tagout?
General industry standard 29 CFR 1910.147. This standard covers the servicing and maintenance of machines and equipment in which their “unexpected” energization, start up or release of stored energy could cause injury to employees. Energy may consist of gravitational, hydraulic, pneumatic, electric, and kinetic.