Choosing NET for Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety Training
The Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety course is an online, self-paced class that allows you to work at your own convenience. Use HAZWOPER On Mobile to work from any device and your progress will be saved right where you left off.
- Download an e-certificate immediately upon completion of the course. A wallet card will be mailed.
- Utilize U.S.-based support throughout the course via email or toll-free hotline.
- Access the course for up to one year after registering.
The Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety course is a one-hour class consisting of award-winning content. All completed hours count as CEUs (Continuing Education Units).
Students will take a series of self-grading quizzes throughout the course followed up by a final exam. An OSHA Study Timer tracks and saves your time and progress and allows you to log in and out as needed.
This course is eligible for .1 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
The Compressed Gas Cylinder Safety course is made up of four modules and covers the following subject matter:
- Types and identification of compressed gases
- Use and handling of gas cylinders
- Valve connections
- Detecting and controlling cylinder leaks
- Transportation, storage, and segregation of compressed and empty gas cylinders and torpedoes
- What are gas cylinders?
- Gas cylinder hazards
- Risk assessments
- Safety precautions
- Transporting cylinders
- Storing cylinders
- Emergency procedures
- Cylinder disposal
Physical and On Site Requirements
This course has no prerequisites and works in compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.101 regulations.
There are no physical or on-site requirements necessary for this course. OSHA-approved Plan States may have their own standards but must have standards at least equal to those of the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements.