Choosing NET for Excavation Training
This self-paced excavation training course is designed for you to complete when you want, where you want.
- Train on our exclusive HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator®. We are the only providers with a HAZWOPER training device that is accepted by OSHA.
- HAZWOPER On Mobile allows you to take the course from any device.
- Log in and out of the system as you wish and all your progress will be saved right where you left off.
- U.S.-based support is available throughout the course by email or phone.
- You will receive a certificate by email and a wallet card by mail.
- Access the course for one full year after registering.
- Group discounts are available for parties of three or more.
Competent Person for Excavation Trenching and Shoring is a 1-hour course featuring a full-length video packaged with over 25 interactive animations and award winning content, all delivered with professional audio narration.
An OSHA Study Timer tracks your progress and allows you to log in and out at your convenience as you navigate through a series of self-grading quizzes and a final exam.
The Competent Person for Excavation Trenching and Shoring course covers the OSHA Excavation Standard and safety and health aspects of excavation and trenching.
The modular course covers topics including:
- OSHA Excavation Standard
- OSHA Soil Classification
- Practical soil mechanics and its relationship to the stability of shored and unshored slopes and walls of excavations
- Requirements for Protective Systems
- Introduction of various types of shoring (wood timbers and hydraulic)
- Installation and Removal of Protective Systems
This course is eligible for .1 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP) and completed course hours count as CEU’s (Continuing Education Units).
Physical and On Site Requirements
There are no physical or on-site requirements for this course.
This training has no required prerequisites.