Complete Your Training on Your Own Time
- The 8-hour Incident Command refresher course allows students to complete their required training at their own convenience. Start and stop the course as often as you wish and have all of your completed progress saved right where you left off. And HAZWOPER on Mobile allows you to work from any device.
- Download your certificate immediately upon course completion. A wallet card will be mailed to you.
- Train on the HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator®, the only OSHA-accepted training component.
- All hours count as CEUs.
The HAZWOPER Incident Command refresher course features 14 videos and over 50 interactive modules with award-winning content.
You’ll have support available throughout the course and will be guided by a study timer indicating how much time you have accrued. Complete the self-graded quizzes and a final exam to earn a certificate of completion.
This course has been awarded 1.34 Industrial Hygiene CM Points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) — approval number 13334. This course is eligible for .80 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
The Incident Command refresher course aims to provide students with the increased ability to serve in an Incident Commander or General Staff position on a HAZMAT team and is required training for those having a role with Hazardous Waste Operations and Emergency Response.
- Hazardous materials management system
- Health and safety
- Incident management system
- Action plans, site management, and control
- Problem identification
- Hazard and risk evaluation
- Personal protective equipment, information management, and resource coordination
- Response objectives
- Decontamination management
- Incident termination
Note: OSHA requires a list of competencies that must be met rather than a minimum time requirement for emergency response refresher training.
Physical and On Site Requirements
The HAZMAT First Responder Operations course and the initial HAZWOPER 8-hour Incident Command course are both prerequisites for the HAZWOPER 8-hour Incident Command annual refresher. This 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher course is part of annual training for individuals who oversee a HAZMAT team and manage emergencies of varying severity.
Plan States (approved by U.S. OSHA) must have standards at least as stringent as the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements. These Plan States may have additional training requirements.