In compliance with OSHA 29 CFR 1910.120 regulations, this HAZWOPER supervisor training is required for individuals having a supervisory role at HAZWOPER sites. OSHA requires that a supervisor have this training in order to be a qualified supervisor at a HAZWOPER site. This course was designed for foremen, supervisors, site safety officers, project managers, etc. Annual refreshers are needed to maintain certification as a HAZWOPER Supervisor.
Supervisors are responsible for planning, directing, organizing and directing employees.
Plan States (approved by U.S. OSHA) must have standards at least as stringent as the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements. These Plan States may have additional training requirements.
• Describe training and other requirements for HAZWOPER workers
• Describe various types of hazardous substances
• Recognize an effective employer health and safety plan
• Describe hazardous substance labeling requirements and standards
• Describe factors associated with respiratory protection
• Describe various types of and selection criteria for personnel protective equipment
• Describe decontamination guidelines and methods
• Describe a spill containment program
• Recognize proper health monitoring procedures and techniques
Take the HAZWOPER Supervisor Certification exam.