8-Hour HAZWOPER Course for Certification or CEUs
Take the web’s most trusted, authoritative, and popular 40-hour HAZWOPER Training online course featuring the HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator®.
- NET is the only HAZWOPER training provider with a regulatory acceptance letter from OSHA allowing the use of our exclusive HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator®.
- HAZWOPER On Mobile allows you to take the course on any computer or mobile device.
- Your study sessions will be tracked so you can log in and out any time, beginning where you left off in both time and content.
- You’ll know your accrued study time throughout the training through a visible study timer. Support is available throughout the course.
- Continuing education units (CEUs) available: This 8-hour HAZWOPER Supervisor course has been awarded 1.34 Industrial Hygiene CM Points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) — approval number 13334. This course is eligible for .8 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals.
- As soon as you complete the online HAZMAT certification training, you may download your certificate.
NET’s online 8-hour Supervisor Training features the OSHA-accepted HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator® and award-winning content including 14 professional videos and 60 interactive modules.
While you study for HAZWOPER certification or CEUs, you will have online support and the study time will track your progress. After registering, you’ll have a year to complete the course or access it for reference.
Upon completion of the training, you will be able to:
- Describe training requirements for HAZWOPER workers, various types of hazardous substances, and hazardous substance labeling requirements and standards.
- Explain various types of personal protective equipment (PPE) and criteria indicating which PPEs are needed.
- Recognize an effective employer health and safety plan and proper health monitoring procedures and techniques.
- Describe factors associated with respiratory protection, decontamination guidelines and methods, and a spill containment program.
- To view and download the Table of Contents, please click here.
Can the HAZWOPER 8-hour Supervisor Training refresher serve as a refresher for the regular 8-hour HAZWOPER refresher?
HAZWOPER Supervisor candidates are expected to undergo 16 hours of annual training. This includes the standard 8-Hour HAZWOPER refresher course and the HAZWOPER Supervisor training.
OSHA-approved Plan States must have standards at least as stringent as the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements. They may also have additional training requirements.