Complete Your Training Online on Your Own Time
This annual refresher course is designed for students to complete their HAZWOPER training online at their own pace. Log in and out as needed and your progress will be saved right where you left off. You can work from any device using HAZWOPER On Mobile.
- Learn on the HAZWOPER Hands-on Simulator®, the only OSHA-accepted HAZWOPER trainer.
- U.S.-based support is available throughout the course and a free study guide keeps you on track. You will receive an emailed certificate after completion and a hard copy wallet card by mail.
- The HAZWOPER course counts as continuing education units (CEUs). This course is accepted for 1.34 Industrial Hygiene CM Points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) and .8 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
The First Responder Operations annual refresher course consists of 14 full-length videos, self-graded quizzes, and a final exam.
Videos feature award-winning content with an audio narration of text and over 35 interactive animations. U.S.-based support is available throughout the course and a study timer provides visibility into your accrued time. All hours count as Continuing Education Units (CEUs).
This HAZWOPER First Responder Refresher course has been awarded 1.34 Industrial Hygiene CM Points by the American Board of Industrial Hygiene (ABIH) — approval number 13334. This course is eligible for .8 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP)
HAZWOPER First Responders at the operational level need to have sufficient training or experience to know:
- Basic hazard and risk assessment techniques
- How to select and use proper PPE provided to the first responder operational level
- Basic hazardous materials terms
- How to perform basic control, containment and/or confinement operations within the capabilities of the resources and PPE available with their unit
- How to implement basic decontamination procedures
- Relevant standard operating procedures and termination procedures
At conclusion of this course, students will have a basic understanding of what hazardous materials are, how they can be identified and what to do if they are the first on the scene of a hazardous materials incident.
Physical and On Site Requirements
The HAZWOPER First Responder Operations course is a prerequisite to the First Responder Operations Annual Refresher.
While this training course is comprehensive, additional site-specific training must be taken for certain hazardous materials that may be encountered at different sites.
OSHA-approved states must have standards at least as strict as the Federal HAZWOPER training requirements and these states may also have additional training requirements of their own.