Why You Should Choose NET for Personal Protective Equipment Training
We’ve designed our Personal Protective Equipment course with your time in mind. Log in and out of this self-paced class as you need and all of your progress will be saved right where you left off. With NET, you can complete your training at your own convenience.
- Use HAZWOPER On Mobile to take the course from a desktop, laptop, tablet, or even a smartphone.
- Download your e-certificate immediately upon completing the course while the wallet card certificates arrive by mail.
- Access U.S.-based phone or email support throughout the course.
The Personal Protective Equipment course consists of a full-length video featuring over 25 interactive animations and award-winning content with audio narration. Students complete self-grading quizzes and a final exam. An OSHA Study Timer tracks your study time and allows you to start and stop as needed.
This 1-hour course counts as a Continuing Education Unit (CEU) accredited by the ABIH and BCSP. Students have up to 1 year to complete the course upon registration.
Group discounts are available for parties of 3 or more.
Our Personal Protective Equipment course is intended to be more practical than technical and provides information about the many factors that should be considered when purchasing and using personal protective equipment.
Topics covered in this modular course include:.
- Hazard Assessment and Equipment Selection
- Roles and Responsibilities
- Eye and Face Protection
- Selection of Eye and Face Personal Protective Equipment
- Cleaning and Maintenance of Eye and Face Personal Protective Equipment
- Head Protection
- Hearing Conservation
- Hand Protection
- Foot Protection
- Respiratory Protection
- Minimal Acceptable Respirator Program
- PPE Clothing
This course is eligible for .1 Continuance of Certification (COC) points from the Board of Certified Safety Professionals (BCSP).
Physical and On Site Requirements
This course has no prerequisites.
OSHA regulations require site-specific training for Personal Protective Equipment. OSHA-approved Plan States must have standards that are at least equal to Federal HAZWOPER training requirements and may have additional requirements of their own.
What is The OSHA Requirement for PPE?
To ensure the greatest possible protection for employees in the workplace, the cooperative efforts of both employers and employees will help in establishing and maintaining a safe and healthful work environment. If PPE is to be used, a PPE program should be implemented. This program should address the hazards present; the selection, maintenance, and use of PPE; the training of employees; and monitoring of the program to ensure its ongoing effectiveness.
In general, employers are responsible for:
- Performing a “hazard assessment” of the workplace to identify and control physical and health hazards.
- Identifying and providing appropriate PPE for employees.
- Training employees in the use and care of the PPE.• Maintaining PPE, including replacing worn or damaged PPE.
- Periodically reviewing, updating and evaluating the effectiveness of the PPE program.
In general, employees should:
- Properly wear PPE,
- Attend training sessions on PPE,
- Care for, clean and maintain PPE, and
- Inform a supervisor of the need to repair or replace PPE.